What Is Unconventional Grief?
Every person deals with grief and sorrow in different ways, and there are no rules when it comes to the types of grief you may feel. It's essential to find some ways to deal with your pain and come to terms with your loss. There is one type of grief that many people aren't even aware of or don't acknowledge at all- unconventional grief. We strongly believe that it is crucial to heal from unconventional grief as it can cause a lot of problems down the track.
Here are some things to keep in view:
- Unconventional grief refers to the pain that you feel for an individual who is still alive but is suffering from an illness.
- You may feel this kind of grief, even if you know that an older person in your family is nearing the end of their days.
- When we are dealing with people around us, we connect with their personality and their character. If the person is very close to death, these aspects can change significantly, which means we feel disconnected from them, which brings on immense grief. This is referred to as unconventional grief.
- You are unable to come to terms with the fact that everything you loved and cherished about that person has vanished entirely. You feel lost and unable to console yourself in any way.
- You may feel grief when you see a loved one dealing with things such as depression, serious mental illnesses, substance abuse, drug addiction, family trauma, brain injury, and degenerative diseases such as PTSD, etc.
This type of unconventional grief can be tough to deal with and needs to be addressed by connecting with other people around you. If you want more advice or need information on cremation, get in touch with us at Cremation Care Centre. You can call us at 416-255-0035 or complete our online form.