What is a Celebration of Life Service?
Family members go through a significant amount of stress when they lose someone close to them. Most people are unable to come out of that grief and do not think of celebrating the life the person led. They continue to think about what they could have done differently to prevent the death of their loved one. But we at Cremation Care Centre, know from experience that conducting a celebration of life service can help the family and close friends heal & move on.
Understanding What a Celebration Of Life Is
Celebration of Life is essentially a memorial service where the decedent’s family members congregate to memorialize the person. The focus is on happiness and on celebrating the life the person led, rather than wallow in grief. There would be no viewing or displaying of ashes etc.
Each family will have specific ideas about how they want the service held and a celebration of life is highly customizable. You do not need to follow any traditions and can conduct the service in the manner that suits you the best. Some things you can do include:
- Create a detailed playlist of songs or music your loved one enjoyed and this can bring forward very pleasant memories.
- You and your family members can put together some stories and anecdotes related to the decedent and everyone can share these during the service.
- You can create a slideshow or a video and play that at the celebration of life service.
- Spend time with your family members and reminisce all the happy moments you shared with your loved one.
- At the venue, you can also display the person’s collections and hobbies.
As you can see, you can do many different things you can do at a celebration of life, and there are no rules. Go with your gut and make the event special so that you can truly celebrate that person’s life. It’s a great way to keep the memory of your loved ones alive. If you want advice or need information on our services, get in touch with us at Cremation Care Centre.